Tuesday, October 13, 2009

So a while ago, I got an email from somebody asking me about my blog and some of the things that I write, here it is...

“So I was reading some of your blog's posts, and I just had two questions. What exactly is it that you want from life? And, what do you mean by you, "dream big"?”

I was shocked to get this email. I guess I just wasn’t expecting someone to email me about my blog. Then I started to think. This person is destined for greatness! They want greatness in their life, and are seeking out other people that want to achieve greatness as well. It makes perfect sense. Well, I went on to reply, saying…

Question 1; What exactly is it that you want from life?
I just want to be able to achieve all things that I never saw myself being able to do. This may be to overcome my own self doubt as well as the doubt that others have in me. Like growing up, the only thing I saw in my future was basketball. Basketball was that one thing that I was good at, and the reason why I interested people…but I want more than just that. Growing and wanting to reach my full potential, I now want to write a book, I want to give back in every way, shape and form, I want to help my family and friends, and most importantly I want to help youth realize that they can do anything if you set your mind to it.

Question 2: What do you mean by you "dream big"?
Dream big means DREAM BIG!! Like sometimes we dream, and we start to take things out of that dream. Why not leave everything in the dream and see how far you can go. I feel like the biggest obstacle to overcome is in our head (our own doubt), and after we get over that, nothing can stop us.

The person then went and replied to me saying…
Yeah, apparently we are bound by speech, you know, as in we say "I can't do this...I can't do that..." So, if you believe you can't do this or that then you can't because that's what you set your limits to. There wasn't really a reason besides pure curiosity. I just like learning what drives determined people.

Why aren’t more people curious these days? When we see people where we want to be…why don’t we ask them how they go there? Doesn’t it make sense?

What are you doing to get to where you want to be?

One Love.

No comments: