Friday, April 10, 2009

Eagles Fly to One Day Die

This is from my bro Des, my mans is ill!!
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=65635742098

An unfinished product and also my first note. Hope you enjoy.

I pop the CD in, on my Napster duty anxious, awaiting to hear him spit.
“All I need is one mic 2x
Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones, my biggest brother, we didn’t have the same mother, or maybe we did…but that’s another story.
Listening and not hearing, my ears actively receive
July 15, two-double-zeroes-ocho
Track 12 starts!
My eyes widened
Ears heightened as Eric Hudson
Nas
and the Last Poets present Project Roach!
Quote: “It is absolutely silly and unproductive to have a funeral for the word nigger when the actions continue. We need to have a movement to resurrect brothers and sisters, not a funeral for niggers, CUZ NIGGERS DON’T DIE!” (unquote)

Niggers don’t die? My Nigger Deucey was lost when he was hit with the 4-5!
My nigger Ant was running from the BDs, when Death decided to cover and cloak him, hopefully to the sky they went.

Track 12 continues.
(Quote)“Niggers are like Roaches, they’re never gonna go away.
Learn from them what we should not become, cuz niggers don’t die.” (Unquote)
Growing up, under the impression
that Niggers was the thing to be.
Big money, big cars, stupid hoes, tons of drinking, yet no presence of thinking.

Sitting on the Red Line wit my lil mentee, Malik.
Out the blue he says, “Man, big homie Des…Can’t wait til I get old.
I say, ‘why Malik?’
Malik: Cuz I’m gon be that nigger.
Little does lil Malik know of its bittersweet.
Nigger is a beautiful thang…stuck singing…
In all its beauty, sweetness is lost, mounds of decay plagues birthing the most expensive commodity to all people, IGNORANCE.

Niggers strut like peacocks
Big money, bigger cars, stupid hoes tons of drinking, yet no presence of thinking.
Like peacocks we strut our stuffStrut?
Wit our noses up, beyond stratus clouds
Peacocks strut, cuz they can’t fly.

Niggers got wings, but be stuck dreaming
I use to be a nigger, still got nigger ways
However, I’m beginning to think as an eagle….
Only 7 eagles. Extinction? Eagles get 1-8-7ed. Popped. Another shoulda, woulda, coulda. Another one of our dears brothers/sisters, lost and gone.
Niggers are scared to get shot. In a box…nonetheless
Uncertain if it’s forevermore

I’m starting to think as an eagle….

That’s all for now.

1 comment:

alex said...

That was interesting!Very spoken word and thought out well.